Looking for some hairspirations? Here are more NYFW hairstyles to steal.
|Marchesa – Fishtail braided ponytail|
This hairstyle seen at Marchesa takes the sleek ponytail to another level.
I recommend getting a friend to help with this as it will be very hair to do on your own hair. Start with poker straight hair and have lots of hairspray close to hand. Full how-to directions for this style can be found at Bellasugar.
|Naeem Khan – Twist & Pin to the side|
This is almost identical to my Twist & Pin hairstyle from Day 1 of 30 Hairstyles in 30 Days!
Headwraps and turbans appeared at several shows at NYFW, and featured at the Karen Walker and Anna Sui shows. I love this turban and hat combination at Pamela Love. The fishtail braid adds to the tribal feel of the show.
Lead stylist and Sebastian Professional Global Design Team Artist, Antony Cole, shares how to get the look:
- Start by applying a pump or two of Potion 9 throughout hair from root to tip.
- Follow with a heavy spritzing of Volupt Spray, then blow-dry hair straight and smooth with a large round brush.
- Place turban on head, allowing a few pieces in front to remain free and frame the face. Gather the rest in a low ponytail at the nape of the neck.
- Run Craft Clay through ponytail for matte texture, grip and hold, and then create a fishtail braid. Secure with a leather tie.
- Deconstruct the braid by pulling it wider and allowing pieces at the top to become looser.
- Detail pieces around the face and braid with Shaper Zero Gravity for dry, lightweight hold.
So if you wear a turban under a hat, does that mean you never get hat hair?
What’s been your favourite look from NYFW?